Director, Office of Equity & Diversity (State Program Admin Manager Senior) - Minnesota Department of Transportation - St. Paul, MN
Serve as the Director of the Office of Equity & Diversity, direct ing MnDOT's agency-wide equity, diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action activities and programs. Provide expert advice and consultation to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing affirmative action and equal employment opportunity to include, but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Minnesota Statutes 363A and 43A; direct and implement workforce diversity and inclusion strategies; advise the Commissioner, agency senior leaders and the Executive Inclusion Council on trends and initiatives at the State and National level on best practices for EEO, diversity and inclusion; establish and supervise the development and activities of agency Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and Division-level Diversity & Inclusion committees; establish and maintain effective relationships with external agencies and stakeholders; direct investigations and/or mediation of complaints of discrimination both internal to MnDOT and external complaints involving the conduct of MnDOT employees interacting with customers who access MnDOT programs and/or services; manage settlement negotiations related to complaints of discrimination; provide coaching and related training and development for MnDOT employees on topics of equity, diversity & inclusion, equal opportunity and affirmative action activities and programs.
A bachelor's degree in Public Policy & Administration, Human Resource Management, Law, Social Sciences or a closely related field, and
Two years of demonstrated managerial experience, OR three years of professional supervisory experience, OR four years of advanced level professional experience, leading a large, diverse and complex organization in advancing equity, diversity, equal opportunity and affirmative action activities and programs.
If you meet the above requirements, please provide a written summary (ATTACH TO YOUR RESUME as ONE DOCUMENT. Example: Have your resume as page 1 and following pages as your responses) based on your knowledge and experience in the following areas outlined below:
- Excellent command of contemporary diversity, equity, inclusion and multiculturalism theories and issues, especially as they apply to public sector employment.
- Knowledge of ADA, Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity laws to include, but not limited to the Minnesota Human Rights Act, the Rehabilitation Act and Amendments, the Civil Rights Act and amendments, and ADA Accessibility Guidelines.
- Experience managing complaints and facilitating conflict resolution through counsel and coaching.
- Experience analyzing laws and policies sufficient to recommend changes to proposed policy and legislation.
- Experience leading a team of professional staff in multiple functional areas and working collaboratively with a wide array of stakeholders.
- A Juris Doctorate or advanced degree in Public Policy & Administration, Human Resource Management, Law, Social Sciences or a closely related field.
TO APPLY: Resume applications must be made by going to http://ift.tt/2dPdI4f. Please apply to Job ID 8573 by 10/25/2016.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS POSTING CONTACT:
Name: Marisa Arlt
Location: CO, MS 200
Phone: PH: 651-366-3383
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax No: 651/366-3407
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com