Faculty - All Ranks (Non-Tenured) - Columbia University - NY
Field(s) of Specialization:
Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner
Faculty - All Ranks (Non-Tenured)
8030- NUR Div of Clinical Practice
Columbia University School of Nursing and the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at New York -Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center seeks one adult nurse practitioner or family nurse practitioner for an innovative academic practice appointment. Rapidly growing department offers collaborative practice opportunity to establish ambulatory care practice and participate in development of new clinical services in adult hip and knee reconstruction orthopedic surgery practice. Will report directly to Dr. Jeffrey Geller, Chief of Columbia Orthopedics' Division of Adult Hip & Knee Reconstruction (Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the Columbia University Medical Center and Attending Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital). Candidate must be available for flexible hours and travel.
- The candidate will manage inpatient and outpatient services and coordinate home care.
- Will treat adults with orthopedic issues.
- Will serve as liaison for discharge planning, and work closely with staff to develop patient care protocols and critical pathways.
- The candidate will participate in design and implementation of clinical research trials.
- Assist patients in meeting health needs by identifying potential or existing problems, exploring available alternatives and providing support to the patient and family members to make an informed decision regarding health care.
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between healthcare settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, discharging and home care including visiting nurse referrals.
- Formulate patient care protocols and critical pathways.
- Assist with development; participate in design and implementation of clinical research trials.
- Participate in accordance with hospital policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Columbia offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and credentials and an outstanding benefits package. Academic appointment commensurate with qualifications.
Nursing, School of
Minimum Degree Required:
Doctoral Degree (PhD, DNSc, DNP, DrPH, EdD)
All applicants MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered for the position.
MS in Nursing; other master's degrees considered.
New York RN licensure, New York Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), or Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), master's degree in nursing, national certification, DEA number.
Clinical doctorate; prior experience in management of adults with orthopedic diseases; Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Proposed Start Date:
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer --Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.
Date Review Begins
Required Applicant Documents for Upload:
Optional Applicant Documents for Upload
Quicklink for Posting:
Return to Search Results
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com