Nurse Educator - University of Maryland, Baltimore - Baltimore, MD
The nurse educators for the Master of Science (MScN) in Nursing will work closely with colleagues from the School of Nursing and Midwifery (SONM), College of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Rwanda. Their main focus will be to contribute to the Master’s of Science in Nursing in the following specialty areas: pediatric nursing, critical care and trauma nursing, nephrology, oncology, peri-operative, and medical surgical, with a focus on didactic theory teaching, clinical practice teaching, and research. They will be under the direct supervision of the Dean of the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing curriculum and modules for master program in your nursing specialty area
- Providing theoretical and clinical teaching to students in Master programs
- Providing faculty development courses in your nursing specialty area as needed
- Consulting with faculty members at the SoNM in advanced diploma, bachelor programs and other master specialty tracks to incorporate relevant and appropriate specialized competencies into skills lab and clinical instruction
- Advising on the development of clear educational pathways for nurses and midwives to advance from basic nursing to academic degrees and/or specialization as needed.
- Promoting evidence based and other scientific activities in collaboration with Rwandan faculty
- Collaborating with the Rwanda Nursing Council to ensure that nursing and midwifery curricula support the approved scope of practice
- Assist Rwandan faculty in students assessment and providing constructive feedback
- Establish links and facilitate partnerships outside the University with professional organizations and academic institutions
- Provide assistance in promotion of his/her specialty area as needed by the School of Nursing and Midwifery
- PhD preferred with a minimum of 3 years of experience; or a minimum MScN with 5 years of experience in Nursing within any of the above mentioned specialties.
- Experience in curriculum development and revision in nursing/midwifery education
- A proven track record as a leader and expert clinician with recent clinical experience
- Former position that included nursing education and program development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Management style that is inclusive and collaborative
- Willingness to live in Rwanda for 1 year
- Respect for the experience and expertise of colleagues working in Rwanda
- Commitment to the goals of the Rwanda Ministry of Health and the College of Medicine and Health Sciences
- International development experience
- French or Kinyarwanda language skills
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com