Tristar Nurse Residency, Skyline - Behavioral Health - Tennessee-Nashville-Skyline Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Upon graduation with an Associate or Bachelor degree in Nursing from an NLN or CCNE accredited and state-approved program the Graduate Nurse will enter the TriStar Nurse Residency Program (TNRP). Nurse Residents will be licensed in their state as Registered Nurses and will provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients and the public about various health conditions, and provide emotional support to patients and their family members. Nurse Residents will remain in the TNRP for their first year of practice and will develop the skills to use independent and reasonable judgment in providing a wide variety of patient care services as per the scope of nursing practice.
- Demonstrates the facility’s standards of performance, values, and behaviors.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
- Complies with hospital policies/procedures/protocols and patient safety initiatives to ensure evidence-based care.
- Assesses, monitors, records, reports, and follows through on symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates customer service excellence.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Documents all patient care - c reates and maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Promotes and exhibits teamwork - consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and modify the plan of care, as indicated by the patient’s responses and conditions.
- Delegates nursing tasks as appropriate and safe, but retains accountability for patient care.
- Provides individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Adheres to standards of safety and infection control, in the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and complies with all policies and procedures related to the performance of job duties.
- Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
- Attends all orientation and TNRP educational sessions.
- Completes mandatory education.
- If the Nurse Resident is an Associate Degree graduate – he/she must enroll in and be actively pursuing a BSN degree at the completion of the year-long residency program. This program of study must be completed within four (4) years from the Nurse Residency program hire date.
The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act:
- Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintains a safe therapeutic environment.
- Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient.
- Plans individualized patient care utilizing an interdisciplinary approach.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital’s mission and vision statement.
When acting in Charge Nurse role, registered nurses are responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of quality patient care in a therapeutic environment:
- Make staff assignments based on patient need and the skill of the staff.
- Serve as role models and clinical resource for the staff.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff or patient issues.
Requirements at Time of Application:
Eligible for graduation from a NLN-AC or CCNE accredited Nursing program with an Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing prior to employment.
PERSONAL LETTER OF INTENT that includes:
- Goals with 5-year plan
- Why did you choose Nursing?
- Why are you interested in the TriStar Division Nurse Residency Program ?
Two (2) letters of reference : 1 from a clinical faculty member and 1 from current manager OR 2 clinical faculty members if not working.
Transcript demonstrating a minimum cumulative GPA = 3.0
Education and Licensure Requirements at Time of Hire:
Associate degree in Nursing
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
BLS (Basic Life Support) AHA
Current, valid State license as a Registered Nurse
Kn owledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Nursing processes and procedures as related to patient care.
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com