DIRECTOR OF PAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER AND ALL PAIN CLINICS - Merritt Hawkins - Orange, CA
Merritt Hawkins has partnered with a nationally recognized organization in healthcare to recruit for a physician leader to serve as Director of Pain Management Services. Crossing organizational boundaries of the academic and clinical enterprises, including departments, divisions, and clinical units in the departments of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Care, PM&R, Neurology and Palliative Medicine, the Director of Pain Management Services will oversee all acute and chronic pain services to promote integrated, high quality evidence-based care.
The Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Care is a large academic department with an excellent residency program as well as multiple fellowship programs, over 40 full-time faculty along with 3 dedicated basic science researchers, including current NIH funding for research for pain management. The Department is also a pioneer and leader in the design and implementation of the Perioperative Surgical Home model.
- Top 50 US medical school for research by U.S. News & World Report
- Newly-constructed, state-of-the-art medical center features the county’s only Level I adult trauma center and Level II pediatric trauma center, and ACS-verified burn center
- One of the few NCI Designated cancer centers in California and the county’s first certified comprehensive stroke & cerebrovascular center
- Strong nursing team to support pain management services in both inpatient care and outpatient clinics. University Hospital was designated a Magnet® Hospital for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Pain service goes beyond just opioid management; true pathology, opportunities for multimodal approach to pain management
Live in one of the most sought after states and communities in the country due to climate and scenery. Community has a combination of natural beauty, mild climate, and world-class education.
- Access to multiple airports and year-round amazing weather
- Easy access to the beach and the ski slopes
- Top-notch public and private schools in addition to multiple local universities
- Numerous options in the region in which to reside—private communities, beach homes, or live in the wine country
- Mediterranean climate—multicultural community
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com