Hematology Oncology Nurse - Vanderbilt University Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Hematology Oncology Nurse, 11N, Nights (7P - 7A)
$10,000 Signing Bonus for BSN and 6 Months of Nursing Experience
Relocation Assistance Provided
Requisition Number 1608202
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Hematology/Oncology unit on 11 North of Vanderbilt University Hospital is a 27-bed fast-paced, high acuity general care unit. Many of our patients stay with us for a number of days or weeks and then return to us at intervals for continued treatment.
We provide standard chemotherapy treatments for our patients as their primary or adjuvant treatment. Additionally, we provide supportive care for our patients experiencing treatment and disease related side effects and complications. We may first encounter our patients at diagnosis and care for them through treatment and recovery to remission, and in some cases to palliative care as they require hospitalizations. The diversity of our patient population permits us to acquire and maintain a variety of skills including chemotherapy administration, management of tracheostomies, chest tubes, and pain management to name a few.
A typical shift for our nurses includes being involved with patients across the care continuum, from diagnosis, through treatment, through cessation of therapy. Relationships develop with our patients and their families which create a strong sense of commitment and satisfaction in providing excellent care.
This unit is led by Janet Lucas, winner of one of Vanderbilt's highest nursing honors - The Adrienne Ames Transformational Nursing Leader Award. Click here to learn more about this award:
Click Here to Read More about Janet Lucas Award
Click here to learn more about this unit:
Click Here to Read More About the Hematology Oncology Inpatient Unit
Bonus specific information:
If you are a BSN-Prepared Nurse and have a minimum of six months of post-graduation nursing experience, you will qualify for the bonus. Current Vanderbilt Staff are not eligible for this bonus. We offer relocation assistance in addition to the $10,000 bonus.
- Six months of nursing experience
- For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here .
- One plus years of Med/Surg or Oncology Experience
- Chemotherapy Certification
- Oncology Nurse Certification
- 36 hours per week, 7P to 7A. Schedules are for six weeks and contain 12 weekend shifts (Friday and Saturday nights). Nurses are required to work five of the 12 weekend shifts within a six-week schedule. We offer self-scheduling which gives you flexibility to maintain your work/life balance.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Our Nursing Philosophy
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers : http://ift.tt/2cEgKYK
- Benefits : http://ift.tt/2d1aei0
- Our Nursing Philosophy : http://ift.tt/2cEgIjC
- Our Nursing Leadership : http://ift.tt/2d18HbV
- Shared Governance : http://ift.tt/2cEgQzx
- Education & Professional Development : http://ift.tt/2d18DZQ
- Life In Nashville : http://ift.tt/2cEg1XF
- VUMC Nursing : http://ift.tt/2d18cP1
VUMC 2015-2016 Fact Book:
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center fact book to learn more about our services and facilities.
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com