Anesthesia Technician - Virginia Tech - Blacksburg, VA
About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech, founded in 1872 as a land-grant institution, is currently ranked as a Top 25 Public University by US News & World Report and a Top 25 Public Research University by the National Science Foundation. Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto: Ut Prosim (That I May Serve). As the Commonwealth's most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech serves a diverse population of 30,000+ students and 8000+ faculty and staff from over 100 countries, and is engaged in research around the world. Invent the Future at Virginia Tech.
The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine Teaching Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Anesthesia Technician. Under the supervision of the anesthesiologist, assists in the acquisition, preparation and application of equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia for both large and small animal. Provides support in anesthesia for routine and complex cases by preparing and maintaining patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems. Assists in other areas of the hospital as directed by supervisor.
Licensed Veterinary Technician ( LVT ); extensive knowledge of all anesthesia supplies, equipment and monitoring highly desired; must possess excellent veterinary nursing skills. Ability to place intravenous catheters and to perform endotracheal intubation for veterinary patients. Ability to understand verbal and written instructions, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and be a team player. Ability to safely move and handle up to 75 lbs. Requires long hours of standing on your feet, lifting, pulling, pushing and stooping/kneeling. Rabies prophylaxis will be required (provided by employer).
Knowledge of CPR highly desired; experience in anesthesia and/or intensive care in a veterinary medical setting; experience in a specialty medicine with observations in various specialties of neurology, cardiology, internal medicine, advanced imaging, endoscopy, etc.
Must have a criminal background check, Emergency Personnel - health & safety related, Alternate work schedule - If other than M-F, 8-5 please describe below
Must have a conviction check:
Various work schedules including irregular hours, nights, weekends including holidays. Required to carry a pager and be within a 30 minute radius of the VTH when on call. This position is considered essential and must report to work during emergency and inclement weather closings.
New graduates of a Licensed Veterinary Technician program with basic knowledge of anesthesia are invited to apply.
How to Apply for this Job:
For a full description of the position and requirements, and to apply, please go to www.jobs.vt.edu. To be considered, Applicants MUST apply on-line to posting SW0160746, by the close date of October 7, 2016. If you have any questions please call our Service Center @ 540-231-9331 or email HRServiceCenter@vt.edu.
If restricted or temporary, enter end date:
Non-exempt: Eligible for overtime
Academic Year or Calendar Year:
If part time, enter Percent Time:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (http://ift.tt/2dunZXw)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (http://ift.tt/1yKakzk)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
- * Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Form) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff? (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only)
- * Do you have a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Form) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff? (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Doc
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com