Palliative Care and Senior Care ARNPs - FT, Benefits & Relocation Assistance - New Grads Welcomed - UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center - Seattle, WA
Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is seeking ARNPs for our Palliative Care and Senior Care programs!
NEW GRADS are welcome to apply to our Palliative Care opportunities. Relocation assistance is available.
The Palliative Care ARNP serves as a member of the UW Medicine Outpatient Primary, Palliative and Supportive Care program. They also serves as a member of the overall UW Medicine Outpatient Palliative and Supportive Care Program based at HMC. He/she provides inpatient and outpatient Palliative Care consultation to medical teams, patients and families, as well as nursing, social services, and spiritual care staff. Participates in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of palliative and primary care interventions (primary care interventions are applicable to the outpatient setting).
Responsible for providing palliative care clinical instruction to physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, and others as requested. Participates in daily clinical rounds, providing patient specific education as it relates to palliative care. Also responsible for developing, coordinating and/or teaching weekly physician palliative care and death rounds. Serves as a clinical faculty for medical students in the chronic care clerkship, resident physicians completing a rotation on the palliative care consult service, and for graduate nursing students. Participates in medical center wide curriculum and policy development related to palliative care.
Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. With 281 beds, more than 2300 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easily assessable campus in North Seattle. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online! UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
- Master’s degree in nursing required.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- A current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the State of Washington is required.
- A current Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) license for the State of Washington is required.
- BLS required.
- Minimum of two years of professional nursing experience in palliative or hospice care strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an academic setting providing didactic or clinical instruction required.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
Physical Demand Level: Medium
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to move freely throughout the clinic and hospital.
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com