Critical Care Pharmacy Supervisor - UCHealth - Aurora, CO
Elevating The Possibility Of You At UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography and our passion for discovery — ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn’t just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Career Opportunity for a Critical Care Pharmacy Supervisor in Aurora, Colorado
Come and join the Game Changing Pharmacy Team at UCHealth!
Pharmacist - ICU - Anschutz campus, Aurora, CO – Leadership role
The Critical Care Pharmacy Supervisor will be responsible for the following activities::
- Supervise ICU pharmacists:
- Employee performance review (annually and as needed)
- Disciplinary action
- Human resource issues
- Ensures compliance with policies/procedures and regulatory requirements
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress of work
- Oversee team scheduling
- Oversees recruitment and retention efforts
- Identify opportunities for cost effective medication therapy within the ICU setting
- Coordinate committee and project involvement among the team. Actively participate on committees related to ICU pharmacy practice improvement
- Establish service expectations and ensure adherence to such expectations
- Work with team to establish a unit-based strategic plan; create unit-based goals to ensure accountability for working towards achievement of this plan.
- Identify core metrics; monitor outcome metrics to ensure quality and compliance
- Coordinate teaching and learner experiences (students, interns, PGY1 and PGY2 residents)
- Development of educational and competency assessments to assist in staff development
- Recognition of expertise in critical care leadership, scholarship, teaching, and/or clinical practice at a local and national level.
- Oversee the team's professional development related to scholarship, research, and education. Identifies opportunities for independent scholarly learning.
- Attend meetings (internal and external) as needed for various quality and service-based needs
- Serve as adjunct faculty with the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
- Collaborate with pharmacy leadership and act as a representative for the critical care pharmacy team
- Able to fulfill the requirements of a clinical pharmacists in the ICU setting when working in that role
- Promote open communication within the team; serve as a role model for constructive communication and consensus-making
- Facilitate collaborations between ICU pharmacists and critical care PGY2s and Fellows to create opportunities for teaching, practice, and research within the ICUs
- Serves as a liaison between the ICU medical directors, nursing managers, and pharmacy team. Represents ICU pharmacy on committees as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited school of Pharmacy.
- State licensure as a Pharmacist.
- 2 years post-graduate experience
- PGY1, PGY2 (critical care), 2 years ICU experience
- PGY1, 3 years ICU experience
- > 5years ICU experience
- Leadership / Supervisory experience
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
TOGETHER WE IMPROVE LIVES
Apply to this job in Denver, CO:
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com