Available Full-time Director of the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner(PMHNP) Specialty Track - Frontier Nursing University - KY
The Director of the PMHNP Specialty Track at Frontier Nursing University (FNU) assures the effective implementation of all functions of the assigned education program in accordance with the overall policies established by the President, the Dean of FNU, the FNU Board of Directors and in compliance with any and all credentialing, regulatory or other guidelines, in order that the strategic objectives of the FNU can be attained. The PMHNP Specialty Track Director provides leadership and direction in ensuring the efficient, economical, and effective utilization of all organizational resources to meet the identified needs of the program and the FNU.
The PMHNP Specialty Director works with the Dean, Associate Deans, and faculty to ensure a quality curriculum that meet all core competencies and or other related criteria established by the appropriate credentialing, regulatory, or accrediting organizations.
* National Certification in the as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Area
* Doctoral Degree required
* Experience in teaching, administration and clinical practice
* Experience with and knowledge of educational technology
* Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Analytical ability for project development and support,
* Capacity to learn and evaluate new technical procedures and concepts for application within the program
* Ability to work productively and independently
Position is work from home with periodic required travel to Kentucky and clinical sites. Competitive salary, vacation and benefits package.
About Frontier Nursing University:
Frontier Nursing University is a graduate school of nursing providing advanced educational preparation for nurses who seek to become nurse-midwives, family nurse practitioners, or women’s health care nurse practitioners by providing a community-based distance program leading to a Master of Science in Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, a Master of Science in Nursing degree and post-master’s certificates.
FNU’s mission is to educate nurses to become competent, entrepreneurial, ethical and compassionate nurse-midwives and nurse practitioners who are leaders in the primary care of women and families with an emphasis on underserved and rural populations.
Interesting facts about FNU:
* Over 75 years of experience in graduate nursing and midwifery education
* Oldest and largest continually operating nurse-midwifery education program in the U.S.
* First family nurse practitioner program in the U.S.
* Pioneered the first nurse-midwifery community based distance education program in the U.S. in 1989
* Nearly 4,000 nurses and midwives have graduated with advanced practice degrees
* Students and alumni represent every U.S. state and many foreign countries
* Ranked by US News & World Report as the #1 for nurse-midwifery program and the top 30 best online graduate nursing programs
Submit your letter of interest and CV to: FacultyCareers@frontier.edu Please indicate in the subject line of the email the position for which you are applying.
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com