Assistant Professor of Nursing - Reinhardt University - GA
Assistant Professor of Nursing
Reinhardt University invites applications for a full-time position as Assistant Professor of Nursing. This is a 9-month, tenure-track position that will begin by December 1, 2016. Candidates must have experience in medical surgery. The nursing faculty member must be energized to work under and assist the new founding Dean of the School of Nursing & Health Sciences to build a Bachelor of Nursing program to serve traditional-aged students and to develop an online RN-BSN degree-completion program to serve working adults. The University also seeks a nurse faculty member who champions the profession of within a Christian context and works to shape health professionals who value diverse backgrounds and ethnicities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A record of teaching excellence, relevant scholarship in the field of business and service to the community;
- An ability to develop a relevant nursing curriculum that adheres to accrediting standards and prepares students to be competitive in the field nursing;
- A willingness and ability to assist the dean to recruit, select, and orient qualified faculty for the nursing program.
- Ability to follow-through on academic priorities;
- Commitment to academic challenge in an environment of individual care that is consistent with Reinhardt University’s educational mission and affiliation with the United Methodist Church;
- An ability to monitor student learning outcomes including achievement of program learning outcomes, student retention, graduation rates, NCLEX pass rates and student satisfaction;
- A commitment to building a community of teaching and learning;
- Commitment to creating an inspired and diversified workplace with an emphasis on advancing an environment that encourages dialogue and servant-leadership;
- Interest in and/or experience with online education and adult learning programs;
- Collegiality, a strong work ethic, honesty, good will, and a sense of humor.
Full-time faculty teach twelve credit hours per semester, advise students, serve on one standing committee, actively engage in professional development, and participate in school and campus-wide activities. Teaching locations are on the main campus in Waleska, Georgia, at our nursing facilities in Jasper, Georgia, and/or online.
Qualifications and Requirements
The position requires an earned Master’s in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution. Candidates must hold an unencumbered professional nursing license.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To guarantee consideration, application materials must be postmarked/emailed by Monday, October 24, 2016.
Please send letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Assistant Professor of Nursing,” or via U.S. Mail to:
Office of Human Resources
Attn: Dean of the School of Nursing
7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska, GA 30183
Profile of Reinhardt University
With a pastoral campus of 510 acres nestled at the foothills of the north Georgia mountains and only 45 miles northwest of Atlanta, Georgia, Reinhardt University, established in 1883, offers faculty and students access to a variety of environments, lifestyles, events and cultural activities. The educational program emphasizes the study of the liberal arts, sciences and professional studies within the University's commitment to the United Methodist faith and tradition. The University affirms that learning is best facilitated through a partnership between faculty members and students, and it is committed to students who desire a small, caring community dedicated to personalized attention.
Reinhardt University is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/M/V/H/V).
Reinhardt University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) to award associates, baccalaureate and master's degree programs. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Reinhardt University.
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com