Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Diversity - UC Davis - Davis, CA
Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Diversity
Final Filing Date: Open until filled, but for full consideration, please apply by November 1, 2016.
UC Davis has launched a nationwide recruitment for the position of Associate Vice Chancellor – Academic Diversity.
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Diversity is a senior leadership position focused on building the inclusive excellence of our faculty and academic appointees and their pivotal role in nurturing a positive campus climate, the quality of the UC Davis student experience, and enhancing diversity within the pathways through higher education. The Associate Vice Chancellor will maintain a close working relationship with and serve as a resource to deans, vice chancellors, vice provosts and other senior administrators on matters of inclusion and diversity, and will work to engage the Academic Senate and Academic Federation in affecting positive campus change. The Associate Vice Chancellor reports directly to the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and Campus Diversity, and acts for the Vice Chancellor in their absence.
The incumbent helps the campus chart a course that ensures attention to those components of our academic and social environment that affect campus climate, diversity and inclusiveness. Campus-wide and University-wide coordinating, policy development, and liaison responsibilities include membership on a variety of standing committees and boards. The Associate Vice Chancellor spearheads strategic vision planning related to diversity and inclusion initiatives, especially those that aim to build diversity and excellence within the academic pipeline and community. Additional responsibilities include working directly with faculty to assess campus climate related to diversity and inclusion and to advance goals in these areas.
For a more detailed description and to apply online go to:
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• A distinguished record of scholarship, teaching, and service appropriate for appointment as a tenured professor at UC Davis.
• Ten or more years of University experience and a record of accomplishment in developing and implementing diversity and inclusion strategic plans and initiatives.
• Broad knowledge of faculty climate and academic issues related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated experience working on diversity and inclusion issues in an academic environment.
• Demonstrated experience in networking and collaborating with diverse constituencies, communities and populations.
• Demonstrated skills to solicit constructive input from and develop consensus among groups and constituencies with differing priorities and perspectives.
• Strong background in facilitating and cultivating relationships among campus groups and departments.
• Experience working with diversity and inclusion initiatives at a research university.
- Davis, California, 95616, United States
- September 28, 2016
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Diversity
- UC Davis
- Academic Administration
- 7-10 Years
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com