Assistant Professor (Non Tenure) - School of Nursing - University of Maryland, Baltimore - Baltimore, MD
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is currently recruiting for a full-time, non-tenure Assistant Professor for the Department of Organizational Systems and Adult Health to participate in the clinical and didactic education of Nurse Anesthesia DNP students.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,600 students in its baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs. It is ranked 6th among all schools of nursing in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, and 11th in funding for nursing schools from the National Institutes of Health. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland, graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, and social work. Its interdisciplinary graduate school has more than 40 programs in the biosciences, law, and social work, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with government agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Participate in didactic instruction, simulation laboratory, and clinical instruction of Doctor of Nursing Practice Nurse Anesthesia students
- Work collaboratively with clinical and didactic faculty across settings
- Develop, organize, teach and evaluate adult health courses and precept clinical experiences.
- Select, advise and mentor students
- Participate in faculty shared governance
- Earned doctorate degree in nursing or a related field
- CRNA Certification
- Current license to practice nursing in Maryland required.
- Record of effective teaching and significant clinical experience in appropriate care settings.
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This content originally appeared on AdvancingDiversity.com